Orange Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Yield 6 servings
Pancakes are stacked with banana and brown sugar in between. Orange slices, blueberries, dollops of yogurt and fresh mint leaves top these fruit flapjacks.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole-meal or stone ground plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 ounces butter, melted and cooled or 3 ounces non-dairy butter substitute, melted and cooled, plus extra for the skillet
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice, for preparing bananas
- 3 bananas, sliced diagonally
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 basket blueberries
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- 12 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- To make the pancakes: In a large bowl sift the self-rising flour together with the stone ground flour. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, melted butter and whisked egg. Mix until all ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
- Prepare a skillet very lightly with a little extra butter or cooking spray and put over medium heat.
- When skillet is heated, add 2 tablespoons of batter to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbled begin to appear. Carefully flip pancakes over with spatula and cook for another minute. Transfer finished pancake to a warmed plate and cover with a towel. Repeat with remaining batter (10 to 12 pancakes total).
- Spread each pancake with a little Greek yogurt. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the sliced bananas.
- Stack the pancakes with banana slices and brown sugar in between in each stack of 2 pancake.
- Top each stack with 2 slices of orange and a good dollop of Greek yogurt. Drizzle with maple syrup if using and finish with blueberries and fresh mint leaves.