Orange Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
An orange balsamic vinaigrette and Gorgonzola cheese add a flavor punch to this chicken salad.
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chicken Salad:
- 2 cups precooked grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in 4 large pieces, seeded
- 8 ounces pre-washed salad greens mix
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Chicken Salad: Place cooked chicken breast strips in large bowl. Cover with ¼ cup vinaigrette, toss well to coat and marinate at room temperature for one-half hour. Reserve remaining dressing for salad.
- Preheat broiler. Place pepper pieces under broiler and cook, turning, until beginning to char, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Remove from broiler, cool and slice into strips.
- In serving bowl, combine chicken strips, pepper strips, lettuce leaves, Gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and diced tomato. Toss very well to mix. Add additional salad dressing and toss again to coat.
From Aviva Goldfarb’s Six O’Clock Scramble.