Open-Faced Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Yield 4 servings
This chicken sandwich has a perfectly balanced tangy and sweet savory barbecue sauce. Serve with your favorite barbecue condiments.
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into chunks
- 2 -- whole wheat buns, split and toasted
- In medium pot, combine all ingredients except chicken and buns. Bring to boil; add chicken. Reduce heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When chicken is fall-apart tender, shred using two forks. Pile on toasted buns.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.