Open-Face Crab Meat Sandwiches
- Yield 3 to 6 servings
A great dish to serve at a luncheon.
- 1 -- (7-ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -- English muffins, split
- 1 to 2 tablespoon butter or margaine
- 1 -- (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -- egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven broiler. Mix crab meat and mayonnaise; set aside. Spread muffins with butter and toast. Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, onion, mustard, and salt, beating well. Spread muffins with crab meat mixture, and cover with cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet. Broil five inches from heating element for two to three minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Atlanta’s Atlanta Cooknotes(the Junior League of Atlanta, Ga., 1982).