Open-Face Crab Meat Sandwiches
- Yield: 3 to 6 servings
- 1-- (7-ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 3-- English muffins, split
- 1 to 2tablespoon butter or margaine
- 1-- (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1-- egg yolk
- 2teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven broiler. Mix crab meat and mayonnaise; set aside. Spread muffins with butter and toast. Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, onion, mustard, and salt, beating well. Spread muffins with crab meat mixture, and cover with cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet. Broil five inches from heating element for two to three minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Atlanta’s Atlanta Cooknotes(the Junior League of Atlanta, Ga., 1982).