Open-Face Chicken Bruschetta on Garlic Bread
- Yield 4 servings
This savory main-course sandwich is prepared with all the traditional flavors and blended with pantry-handy, protein-rich canned chicken.
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can chicken packed in water, drained
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- -- Pepper, to taste
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 -- basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, tomatoes, basil, green onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinaigrette and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to blend for about 15 minutes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic. Brush olive oil-garlic mixture on both sides of bread. On a baking sheet, toast bread in the oven, about 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- To serve, spread chicken mixture over toasted garlic bread. Top with feta cheese and basil leaves.