Only Marinade You’ll Ever Need
- Yield 1 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Best used fresh, this marinade is so easy you'll whip up batch after batch.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, cilantro, dill, oregano, or a mix of all four
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine lemon juice, pepper flakes, pepper and salt in a nonreactive (glass, ceramic or stainless steel) bowl and whisk until salt dissolves.
- Add lemon zest, garlic, parsley and basil. Stir or whisk in olive oil. The virtue of this marinade is its freshness: Use it within 1 to 2 hours of making.
- Stir again before using.
Recipe by Steven Raichlen.