Onion Crusted Chicken Dinner
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3cups finely crushed round buttery flavored crackers ( recommeded: Ritz)
- 1packet onion soup mix
- -- pepper ( 1 tablespoon for chicken, additional pepper to taste for corn)
- 2teaspoons garlic powder (divided)
- 1tablespoon ground mustard
- 5tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2-- 15.25 ounce cans whole corn (drained)
- 1-- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2tablespoons minced onion
- 2tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- -- salt
- -- Cream Cheese Skillet Corn ( recipe follows)
- -- parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a 1 gallon zip top bag combine crackers, soup mix, 1 tablespoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ground mustard. Shake bag until ingredients are well blended . Pour into a medium bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into cracker mixture until completely coated. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining coating mix on top of chicken breasts.
- In a small microwavable bowl, place 4 tablespoons butter. Heat in microwave until melted. Drizzle on top of chicken breasts. Bake 45 minutes or until chicken fully cooked.
- Cream Cheese Skillet Corn: Combine corn, cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Let simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally until cream cheese melts. Then stir in minced onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Simmer 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide corn among 4 plates. Place 1 chicken breast into each plate on top of corn. Garnish with parsley sprigs.