One-Skillet Pork with Wild Rice and Herbs
- Yield 4 servings
Nothing is easier than a one dish meal, especially for a busy weeknight. Serve with a mixed greens salad tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, lean, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package sliced white mushrooms or brown mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 cup uncooked white and wild rice blend*
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs, herbes de Provence or other dried herb blend
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- -- Salt and black pepper
- In a large skillet or sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, combine pork, mushrooms, broth, rice, and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and continue to cook until liquid has absorbed, rice is tender, and pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.