One-Pot Chicken, Feta and Tomato Pasta
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, each breast halved
- 1teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 29ounces diced canned tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- About 2 cups water
- 1pound fettuccine pasta
- 4ounces feta cheese crumbles, divided
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over high heat for 1 minute, then add the chicken breast halves and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Cook the chicken for 8 minutes (for a nice crust to form, move it around the pot a little so that it doesn’t stick, but don’t flip it), lowering the heat a little if you think it is cooking too fast. After 8 minutes, flip it, sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, then cook the chicken for another 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the water. Stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, then put on the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir, and add three-quarters of the cheese crumbles. Stir again and cook, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Divide among four to six serving bowls, making sure each bowl has an equal amount of chicken and pasta, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese crumbles over the top of the bowls and enjoy.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five-Ingredient Recipes © 2016 by Philia Kelnhoffer, The Countryman Press