One Pot Brownies
- Yield 4 dozens
"These brownies are one of my favorite recipes and everyone who has them seems to enjoy them."
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt the margarine and chocolate together over low heat, stirring to prevent burning. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate is soft. Stir in the granulated sugar, flour, eggs, salt, vanilla, and nuts until well blended. This makes a velvety batter. Pour it into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
These brownies are extremely moist and are also delicious with a peanut butter frosting. For a more chewy, and less gooey result, the cooking time can be increased by 5 minutes.
Recipe by Maureen Maguire, Cary, Ill.