One-Dish Meal Casserole
- Yield 12 servings
"This one-dish meal casserole recipe was given to me by a friend and I used it often. It's good when you have a large family or company or for potluck."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in the oil. Stir together beef, onion, tomato sauce, hot water, noodles, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and corn. Spoon into a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until noodles are tender.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Serve this comfort dish with a crisp green salad and hot rolls.
—Annice Milstead, Taylorsville, N.C.