One-Dish Meal Casserole
- Yield: 12 servings
"This one-dish meal casserole recipe was given to me by a friend and I used it often. It's good when you have a large family or company or for potluck."
- 1pound ground beef
- 2tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2cups hot water
- 2cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in the oil. Stir together beef, onion, tomato sauce, hot water, noodles, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cheese and corn. Spoon into a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until noodles are tender.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Serve this comfort dish with a crisp green salad and hot rolls.
—Annice Milstead, Taylorsville, N.C.