The Perfect House Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons balsamic or fig vinegar
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6cups mixed greens, such as arugula and Romaine
- 1/2cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2cup thinly sliced red onion
- Mash garlic cloves with salt in a large wooden salad bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add mustard, honey, pepper, balsamic vinegar and oil. Stir well, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or all day.
- Add greens, pumpkin seeds, orange sections and red onion. Toss well. Serve.
Recipe by Lisa Burns, Chattanooga, Tenn.
For a complete menu featuring The Perfect House Salad, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 213
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 214mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 7g