The Perfect House Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Start with a wooden bowl as your empty canvas, and design your way to a fantastic salad.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or fig vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed greens, such as arugula and Romaine
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Mash garlic cloves with salt in a large wooden salad bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add mustard, honey, pepper, balsamic vinegar and oil. Stir well, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or all day.
- Add greens, pumpkin seeds, orange sections and red onion. Toss well. Serve.
Recipe by Lisa Burns, Chattanooga, Tenn.
For a complete menu featuring The Perfect House Salad, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.