On-the-Run Muffin Omelet
- Yield 18 pieces
This dish containing all of your breakfast favorites like sausage, eggs and cheese, are all combined into a convenient pick-up "muffin".
- 18 slices white bread
- 1 1/4 pounds (20-ounces) breakfast sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Mexican style salsa of your choice
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Wisconsin aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin pan(s) with cooking spray or place paper muffin liners in muffin pan(s).
- Flatten bread slices with rolling pin. Fold and mold bread to line muffin cups. Divide and sprinkle sausage onto bottom of cups. Blend eggs, milk, salsa, onions and 3/4 cup Cheddar. Fill each cup 3/4 full with egg mixture. Sprinkle each cup with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until muffins are puffy and cooked firm (knife inserted near center comes out clean). Serve immediately.