- Yield 4 servings
These elegant dessert crepes feature a honey-sweetened apple saute.
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 -- egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pint frozen yogurt or whipped cream
- To prepare crepe wraps: in medium bowl, whisk together baking mix, milk and egg until thoroughly mixed. Heat 8-inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter into center of pan, swirl pan gently to coat thinly and evenly. When edges are brown, gently flip. Slide pancake out of pan when second side is done. Continue cooking batter to form 4 crepe wraps. Set aside.
- To prepare filling: melt butter in medium pan. Add apples and cook over high heat until apples are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add honey, apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- To assemble wrap, place one scoop of ice cream in center of each crepe wrap. Top each wrap with approximately 1/2 cup apple mixture. Fold in sides to wrap.