Olives Real with Spaghetti Squash
- Yield 4
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1 whole Head of Garlic
- 1 whole Anahaheim Pepper
- 1 pinch Fresh Rosemary
- 6 ounces can California Whole Black Ripe Pitted Olives
- 2 cups Whole Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pinch Dried Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 medium Lemon
- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash
- Peel and rough chop garlic. Rinse, seed and slice pepper lengthwise into thin strips. Rinse rosemary and chop finely. Drain olives. Rinse whole cherry tomatoes. Chop fresh basil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, rinse and cover each half with plastic wrap. Place squash cut sides up in microwaveable dish with 1/4 cup water. Microwave squash on high for 10-12 minutes depending on size of squash. Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, in large saute pan over medium to medium high heat add olive oil, white wine, garlic, peppers, rosemary, olives and tomatoes. Saute and lightly stir until tomato skin wrinkles and garlic is golden brown; turn off heat.
- Season with red pepper, salt and pepper to taste and squeeze in juice of 1/2 lemon; stir and set aside.
- With fork, comb out strands of spaghetti squash, working from outer edges to the center.
- Divide onto 4 plates, top with olive mixture, and garnish with basil.
Note: Spaghetti squash is a quick, easy and healthy alternative to regular spaghetti.