Olive You Chili!
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 40 min.
- Cook 3-5 hours (180-300 minutes)
- 2 cups sliced black olives
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
- 2 cans diced mexican tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans, rinced & drained
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 -- onion, coursely chopped
- 1 each -- red, green & yellow peppers, coursely chopped
- 1 cup beer or wine (i like a stout)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 envelope off brand chili seasoning
- 1 envelope name brand chili seasoning
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- -- optional topping: shredded colby jack cheese, sour cream, sliced black olives, chopped green onion, and the three colors of peppers finely chopped
in a large fry pan, cook ground turkey and chorizo together, no need to drain, there i sbarely any grease! (unless you get a really fatt chorizo, then drain a bit)
in a crockpot, combine the turkey/chorizo mixture, and ALL other ingredients, except optional toppping.
cook on medium for 3-5 hours. stirring occasionally
serve with a sprinkle of each of the optional toppings, in the order listed (about a teaspoon of each, on each bowl being served, and serve!
this recipe is great on a rainy or stormy day!
why not make some cornbread to go with it?! and dont forget to put a can mexican corn in your cornbread! makes it moist and extra YUMMY!