Olive and Tomato Salsa
- Yield 16 servings
Green and black olives combines with jalapeno, olive oil, vinegar and feta cheese in this sprightly salsa dip.
- 1 (7-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Combine olives, tomato, jalapeno, garlic, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Toss gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- At serving time, add feta cheese and lightly toss. Serves 16.
Mary Bilke, Eagle River, Wis.