Olive Salad with Pimiento and Capers
- Yield 8 servings
Use this muffuletta-like salad for sandwiches, as a dip or mixed into cooked pasta.
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped black kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red pimiento
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients well in a nonreactive large mixing bowl. Will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Makes 2 cups.