Olive, Ripe Tomato & Basil Marinade over Angel Hair Pasta
- Yield 4-6 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 12 minutes
- 1 (6 oz) can California black ripe olives, sliced
- 6 -- fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, diced into small cubes
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
In a large bowl combine California olives, chopped fresh tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar; stir well. Gently fold in cream cheese. Marinate, at room temperature for approximately 4 to 6 hours.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place the hot pasta in a large bowl and toss with the olive tomato mixture. Stir until well combined and cream cheese has melted.
**This is a wonderful, fresh, easy pasta dish. Serve with a mixed green salad and fresh bread. EXCELLENT !!