Olive Polenta Bake
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 25-30 minutes
- Tube of polenta (any flavor) cut into 1/4
- 6 ounces Baby spinach
- 2/3 cup Diced yellow onion
- 3.8 ounces sliced black olives
- Marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Shaved parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat 2 tbs. olive oil. Add polenta slices and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees while polenta is cooking. In medium skillet, heat 1 tbs. of olive oil. Add diced onion until translucent and then add baby spinach until wilted.
- While sautéing, mix together the onion and spinach. Pour a cup of marinara sauce to the bottom of a 9 /12; x 13 /12; casserole dish and spread evenly. Distribute polenta slices in casserole dish. Spoon a tbs. of the spinach and onion sauté on top of each polenta slice.
- Sprinkle olives on top of spinach/onion sauté. Pour remaining marinara sauce over the top and then evenly distribute the parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with a green or Caesar salad and crusty sour dough bread.
This dish is low fat, gluten free, vegetarian or vegan if cheese is eliminated which of course will appeal to the health conscious!