Olive Parmesan Cheese Bites
- Yield 28 pieces
Pizza dough + olive mixture + parmesan cheese = instant incredible pick-up.
Olive tapenade can be found in the pickle/olive aisle of the grocery store, as it is simply a blend of several types of olives and spices in a spreading consistency. In a pinch raid the olive bar and chop olives in food processor. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat in oven.
- 1 can (10 to 13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F. Coat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough and spread olive tapenade over dough, leaving 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut dough across in middle to make two rectangles.
- Carefully roll up each rectangular piece of dough, starting at long side. Cut in 1-inch slices. Place slices in prepared pan. Coat top with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg, 2012)