Olive Muffin Basil Wrapped Frittatas
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 1tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 1/2cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 8large eggs
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 1tablespoon ground thyme
- 1tablespoon ground rosemary
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2cup gruyere cheese cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6slices cooked bacon
- 2tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (jarred in oil) rough chopped
- 6ounces California Black Ripe Olives- rough chopped
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Spray the insides of a 6 muffin pan with olive oil spray. Take basil leaves and line the muffin cups with the basil leaves (spray the leaves with the olive oil spray to help the adhere to the sides of the tin).
In a large bowl add eggs and beat. Add cream, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne. Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin pan cups. Add cheese, bacon, sundried tomatoes and black olives.
Bake in oven approximately 20 minutes. (The tops of the muffins should set and if you place a toothpick down the center it should come out fairly clean). Remove from oven and let rest for a couple minutes. Using a sharp knife run it along the interior of the muffin cups to help dislodge the mini frittatas. Turn the muffin pan upside down over a large cutting board and the frittatas will fall out of the muffin pan.
Plate frittatas – Serves 6 These frittatas are a great side dish for chicken, pork meals and pairs well with a salad for a great brunch recipe!