Olive Cheese Cocktail Bread
- Yield 4
A freeze-and-please appetizer. Distinct flavors meld together for this outstanding party pick-up.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread or sourdough bread
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Mix together all ingredients except bread. Slather bread with mixture.
- Place bread on baking sheet and freeze a few hours. Transfer to plastic bag.
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Bake until corners of bread brown, usually 10-12 minutes.