Olive Cheese Bread
- Yield: 6 pieces
- 3cups self-rising flour (spoon this in)
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 3-- eggs, beaten
- 3/4cup milk
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2cups stuffed green olives
- Stir together flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir only until moistened.
- Line pans with waxed paper and spray with non-stick coating.
- If tops brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Repeats (The Junior League of Charleston, S.C. 1992).