Old Settler Baked Beans
- Yield 12 servings
Kidney, butter, and pork and beans make a delicious, barbecued baked beans recipe, perfect for potlucks
"This recipe for Old Settler Baked Beans has been an instant hit at potlucks over the past 15 years or more. People love the dish and always request the recipe."
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can butter beans
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pork and beans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a large, lightly greased casserole dish. Bake 1 hour.
Recipe by Darlene Bandy, Albuquerque, N.M.