- 2/3cup rice
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice
- 3cups hot water
- 8 bone-in loin pork chops, trimmed of all fat (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 2/3cup skim milk
- 1/3cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine rice, wild rice with its seasoning packet and hot water.
- Place mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; lay pork chops on top and sprinkle with pepper. Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Mix together cream of celery soup, milk and green onions. Uncover casserole and pour soup mixture over pork chops. Return casserole, uncovered, to oven and bake 15 minutes longer, or until thoroughly heated.
Recipe reprinted with permission from One-Dish Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1997). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 323
- Fat 7.9g
- Saturated Fat 2.7g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 591mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Protein 27.6g