Old-Fashioned Pork Chop Casserole
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
In this easy standby, you get gravy, meat and rice, in a no-fail, combination.
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice
- 3 cups hot water
- 8 bone-in loin pork chops, trimmed of all fat (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine rice, wild rice with its seasoning packet and hot water.
- Place mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray; lay pork chops on top and sprinkle with pepper. Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Mix together cream of celery soup, milk and green onions. Uncover casserole and pour soup mixture over pork chops. Return casserole, uncovered, to oven and bake 15 minutes longer, or until thoroughly heated.