Old-Fashioned Date Pudding
- Yield 6 servings
- 2 cups dates, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-by-8 cake pan and set aside. Place dates, butter, and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- Add boiling water and stir until butter is melted. Add sugar and egg and stir until mixed. Stir in flour and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Recipe by Pamela Miller.