- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4cups water
- 1cup grits
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 16ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-- (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained (optional)
- 6tablespoons butter
- 3-- eggs, beaten
- 1tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1tablespoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the grits and salt gradually, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Cook until very thick, stirring frequently. Add the cheese, green chiles, butter, eggs, seasoned salt, Tabasco sauce and paprika and mix well.
- Spoon the grits into a 2pquart baking dish. Bake at 300F for 45 to 55 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Welfare League’s Cooking by the Boot Straps (Junior Welfare League of Enid, Oklahoma, 2002).