Oklahoma Apple-Nut Muffins
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 400F. Grease 12 2-2.5 inch muffin-pan cups.
Mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in second bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs to blend well, then milk.
Stir milk mixture into flour mixture only until just blended. Quickly fold in apple and nuts.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups, filling each nearly to the top.
Bake 18-20 minutes until lightly browned and sharp knife inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.