- Yield 2 to 3 dozens
"I have had this recipe for Ohio Buckeyes for a long time. All the people I have given them to want more."
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 24 ounces confectioners' sugar (1 1/2 boxes)
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 ounces chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Knead together the peanut butter, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and graham cracker crumbs. The mixture will be crumbly at first. Keep working with it until it’s smooth. Roll into small balls, about the size of a walnut. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over very low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate loses its shape and becomes glossy. Skewer each buckeye with a toothpick, and dip into the chocolate, leaving a small uncoated circle at the top. Place on wax paper and chill.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Buckeyes freeze well and make a great gift.
Recipe by Richard Antal, Medina, Ohio