- Yield: 2 to 3 dozens
"I have had this recipe for Ohio Buckeyes for a long time. All the people I have given them to want more."
- 1 1/2cups chunky peanut butter
- 24ounces confectioners' sugar (1 1/2 boxes)
- 1cup margarine
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12ounces chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Knead together the peanut butter, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and graham cracker crumbs. The mixture will be crumbly at first. Keep working with it until it’s smooth. Roll into small balls, about the size of a walnut. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over very low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate loses its shape and becomes glossy. Skewer each buckeye with a toothpick, and dip into the chocolate, leaving a small uncoated circle at the top. Place on wax paper and chill.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Buckeyes freeze well and make a great gift.
Recipe by Richard Antal, Medina, Ohio