Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- Yield 24 (2 x 1.5 inch) servings
- Cook 30 minutes
These healthy raisin-oat bars make a healthy breakfast or snack.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup molasses or honey
- 1 cup sliced carrot (medium in size)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, milk powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and raisins. Stir until evenly mixed. Make well in center of mixture.
- In a blender, combine water, oil, molasses and carrot; process until carrot is finely chopped. Add brown sugar and egg; process 30 seconds.
- Pour blender mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are well moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Spread with rubber spatula to make an even layer. Bake 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack and cool 30 minutes before cutting.