- Yield: 16 servings
- 1cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2cups buttermilk
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- Mix oatmeal and buttermilk and let stand for 2 minutes before beating in oil, egg, egg whites, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Combine dry ingredients with oatmeal mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spoon 1/4 cup portions of batter into skillet. Cook each pancake 1-2 minutes on each side, making sure not to burn.