Oatmeal Pancake Mix
- Yield servings
A whole wheat pancake mix, made with old fashioned oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar--a sweet breakfast treat
'These pancakes are so wonderful, easy and healthful.'
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mix all ingredients together well. Store in a sealed gallon-size plastic storage bag or airtight container.
- To make pancakes, beat 2 large eggs in a large bowl. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup canola oil. Alternately add 2 cups pancake mix and 1 cup water to mixture. Blend well. Preheat and oil griddle. Pour 1/3 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form around edges, turn and continue to cook until done.
Recipe by Theresa Slemp, Afton, Tenn.