Oatmeal Crunch Cookies
- Yield 3 1/2 to 4
Keep a supply of these yummy cookies in your freezer at all times to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup natural wheat and barley cereal
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oil, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix in vanilla, butter extract, and egg whites. In small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir in cereal and oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Note: Adding cereal, wheat germ, or unprocessed bran for part of the flour in cookie recipes can significantly increase the fiber content.