Oatmeal Cookies with Macadamia Nuts and Dried Cranberries
- Yield 24 pieces
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 16 mins
Macadamia nuts and dried cranberries take these cookies uptown.
- 10 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking (not instant) oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat until blended with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until evenly blended. Reduce speed to low; add oats, flour and salt and beat just until incorporated.
- Add cranberries and macadamia nuts and beat just until evenly distributed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2-inches apart onto cookie sheets and bake 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.