Oatmeal Chocolate Toffee Cake
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Toffee and nuts top this delicious oatmeal chocolate cake.
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 -- eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 cups Enstrom's Almond Toffee, (or other fine quality chocolate-covered toffee) finely chopped
- 3/4 cup nuts
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add sugars and butter and stir until melted.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt and cocoa, add to sugar mixture beat well. Add vanilla.
- Add 1/2 of the toffee crumbs. Pour batter into greased and floured 9×13-inch pan. Sprinkle with the remaining toffee and nuts.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League’s West of the Rockies (Grand Junction, Colorado, 1994).