Oatmeal Chocolate Raisin Chews
- Yield 4
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup Real California butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 (12-ounces) package dark chocolate covered raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly toast coconut in a nonstick skillet over low heat, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugars; add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl, stir together all dry ingredients; slowly add to butter mixture, stirring lightly. (Do not over-mix.)
- Add raisins and coconut to dough.
- Roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on lightly buttered cookie sheets. Bake approximately 12 to 14 minutes or just until golden in color. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board