Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 3 dozen
A delicious blend of chocolate and oatmeal make up this perfect cookie.
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -- eggs, one at a time, unbeaten
- 1 teaspoon hot water (a must)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal (do not use quick cooking oats)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend first three ingredients until light and fluffy. Add eggs and hot water.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Blend ingredients well. Drop by half teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Brooks Shaw and Son’s The Old Country Store (Jackson, Tn., 1986).