Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 3 dozen
- 1cup Crisco
- 3/4cup brown sugar
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 2-- eggs, one at a time, unbeaten
- 1teaspoon hot water (a must)
- 1 1/2cups plain flour
- 1teaspoon soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 2cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2cups oatmeal (do not use quick cooking oats)
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Blend first three ingredients until light and fluffy. Add eggs and hot water.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Blend ingredients well. Drop by half teaspoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Brooks Shaw and Son’s The Old Country Store (Jackson, Tn., 1986).