Chicken with Cashew Yogurt Sauce
- Yield: servings
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4teaspoon each:white pepper,ground cardamom,ground allspice
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1small onion,chopped
- 2cloves garlic,minced
- 1/2cup roasted cashews
- 1/4teaspoon each:ground cardamom,chili powder.turmeric
- 1 1/2cups plain yogurt
- 4-- boneless chicken breasts
- 1tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1/2cup halved cashews,for garnish
- 1small bunch fresh parsley,chopped
1.combine marinade ingredients(yogurt through ground allspice)in resealable bag.place chicken in bag and turn to coat.
2.refrigerate 1 1/2 hours,drain and discard marinade.
3.while chicken marinates,make nut sauce.Heat butter in saucepan,saute onion,garlic,cashews and spices for 5 minutes.Stir occasionally,let cool.Puree mix in food processor.Blend in yogurt.Set aside.
4.Heat garlic oil in large skillet over med-high heat.Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes,turning after 10 minutes.Remove to platter,drizzle with nut sauce,garnish with cashews and fresh parsley