Nutty Apple Dip
- Yield 4 servings
A cream cheese and apple sauce dip, sprinkled with salty peanuts
"This recipe makes a quick and healthful appetizer that could be doubled as a complement to a big meal. It's a fun change of pace and great for adults and my grandchildren."
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3 apples, sliced
- Combine cream cheese, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla and beat until well
blended. Stir in peanuts.
- Serve with apple slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
– Gwen Swanson, Pukwana, S.D.