- Yield 3 dozen
This recipe is simple and the cookies are delicious!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, salt, vanilla and nutmeg. Add the flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheets and press with a wet fork to flatten. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Bermuda Junior Service League’s Island Thyme (Hamilton HM FX, Bermuda, 2005).