Nutella Sandwich Cookies
- Yield 18 pieces
Basic Cookie Dough is transformed into hazelnut-butter–filled cookies.
For rolled cookies, always start with cold dough,
- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Divide 2 cups of Basic Cookie Dough into 4 pieces. Wrap 3 pieces individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Roll remaining piece on a sheet of lightly floured wax paper to about 3/8-inch thickness. Cut into 9 (2-inch rounds); arrange 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until tops look done. Let cool on cookie sheet 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool completely.
- Spread Nutella on half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Dust with powdered sugar.