Nutella Espresso Chocolate Truffles
- Yield: servings
- 1/2cup Nutella, divided
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- 11.5ounces white morsel chips
- 2teaspoons espresso powder
- 5 Donsuemor chocolate madeleines
- Place 1/4 cup Nutella in the corner of a small sandwich ziplock bag. Cut off the tip and, on parchment paper, carefully squeeze out 16 to 18 small balls of Nutella. Place in freezer for at least one hour.
- While Nutella centers freeze, put 3.5 oz milk chocolate chips, white morsels, rest of Nutella and espresso powder in a medium size bowl. Heat heavy cream in sauce pan over medium-high until it begins to foam. Remove and pour 1/2 over mix in bowl. Allow to set for 45 seconds. Carefully stir well. Pour remaining in and mix until completely blended. Put bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator. Using a hand mixer on low speed, carefully mix chocolate + cream mix until it’s a light and fluffy ganache. Put back in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using two spoons, quickly roll Nutella centers in ganache, forming round tablespoon-sized balls. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 more minutes.
- Place madeleines in food processor (I used my trusty Magic Bullet) and blend until evenly crushed.
- Put remaining 8 oz chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, remove and stir. Continue this process until just melted.
- Working in batches, quickly remove 3 or 4 balls from the refrigerator. Using two small spoons, roll centers in melted chocolate, then roll in crushed cookies. Place on parchment paper. Continue until all truffles are completed. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
—Julie, Rosy and Tart