Norwegian Pureed Root Vegetables
- 4large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1medium rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 3tablespoons butter
- 3/4-1cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
- Combine the rutabaga and parsnips in medium sized saucepan and cover with water. Boil until tender, about 30 minutes. Boil the potatoes in a large pot with sufficient water to cover, for 20 minutes.
- Drain each and mash or put them through a potato ricer to obtain a nice uniform texture. Place the vegetables in the large pot.
- Heat the whipping cream and the butter together in a small saucepan. Once heated thoroughly, pour over the vegetables and stir. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Cover and keep warm.
For more from Maria, visit her at Pink Patisserie.