Northern Lights Cranberry Sauce Cocktail
- Yield: 1 servings
- Simple Syrup:
- 1cup water
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1ounce gin
- 1/2ounce simple syrup
- 1/2ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2teaspoons cranberry sauce
- 2dashes Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- 2ounces cold sparkling wine
Note: The simple syrup recipe will make more than what is needed for the cocktail. Save the excess to use in additional cocktails this season!
For the Simple Syrup (Yield: 1 1/2 cups):
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Turn the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring slowly, until the sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a clean glass bottle, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
For the Cocktail:
- Combine the gin, simple syrup, lemon juice, cranberry sauce, and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well. Double strain into a chilled flute and top with the sparkling wine. Garnish with the cranberries, skewered on a cocktail pick.
Excerpted from Cocktails for the Holidays, © 2014 by The Editors of imbibe Magazine. Reproduced by permission of Chronicle Books.