Nora’s Easy Apple Crisp
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 30 mins
An All-American dessert, beloved by all ages.
- 6 medium or 5 large tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place apples in a shallow baking dish or a 9-inch square pan.
- Combine flour and sugar. Add butter. With your hands, blend butter into flour mixture, rubbing butter between your fingers until mixture is about the size of small peas. Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes, until bubbly and browned.