No-Cook Chocolate Silk Tarts
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Sure, it sounds strange, but tofu makes these tarts creamy as well as healthful.
You'd never know tofu is in these creamy tarts. Be sure to use the custard-like silken tofu found vacuum-packed in boxes. To melt chocolate, coarsely chop, then microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and slightly cool
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) box soft silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 graham-cracker tart shells
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Bittersweet chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine chocolate, sugar, cocoa, sour cream, tofu, vanilla, egg substitute and salt in a food processor. Pulse until completely smooth, pausing to scrape down sides of processor. Spoon into tart shells.
- Cover with waxed paper, then tightly with plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls if using.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.