No-Cook Chocolate Silk Tarts
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
You'd never know tofu is in these creamy tarts. Be sure to use the custard-like silken tofu found vacuum-packed in boxes. To melt chocolate, coarsely chop, then microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- 7ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and slightly cool
- 1cup sugar
- 1/3cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) box soft silken tofu
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3cup egg substitute
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 12 graham-cracker tart shells
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Bittersweet chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine chocolate, sugar, cocoa, sour cream, tofu, vanilla, egg substitute and salt in a food processor. Pulse until completely smooth, pausing to scrape down sides of processor. Spoon into tart shells.
- Cover with waxed paper, then tightly with plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls if using.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 12g
- Sodium 180mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 5g