Peanut Butter-Rice Cereal Bars
- Yield 16 servings
Peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup replace marshmallows in these addictive cereal bars. Fudgy and rich, they rock.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups salted creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper or parchment.
- Combine corn syrup and sugars in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and mix well. Quickly stir in vanilla and cereal. Spread in the baking pan. Let cool completely and slice into squares.
Recipe adapted with permission for Lucinda Scala Quinn's Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys (Artisan, 2009). Lucinda is the host of “Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn” which airs weekdays at noon on Hallmark Channel.