- 1 1/2cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 3/4cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4cup unsalted butter
- 1/4cup light brown sugar
- 1/4cup honey
- 1teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- Prepare an 8 inch square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper is large enough to hang over the sides of the pan. Lightly spray the paper with cooking oil spray. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine brown rice cereal, oats, flax seeds, chocolate chips, and cherries.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter, sugar, and honey together; stir. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture into the dry ingredients and gently fold together with a spatula until combined. Pour into the prepared baking pan and press the granola into the pan with greased hands or a spatula until the mixture is even. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the pan by lifting the parchment paper. With a large knife, slice into squares. Serve immediately or allow to set for an additional 10 minutes to become firm. Store in an air-tight container.
This recipe originally appeared as No-Bake Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars on In Sock Monkey Slippers.