Potato and Asparagus Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
Dress this salad while the new potatoes are still warm—they will absorb the dressing more readily, infusing more flavor.
- Coarse Grain Mustard Dressing:
- 2tablespoons coarse-grain mustard (French Country-Style)
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 3pounds new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1large bundles fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch diagonal pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1bunch fresh radishes, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 1bunch green onions, cleaned and sliced (white and green parts)
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a large (12-ounce) jar. Shake well.
- To make the salad, place new potatoes into a large pot of lightly salted boiling water. Cook until tender, but not mushy, about 12 minutes. When potatoes are almost done, drop asparagus pieces into pot and cook until asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Place potato-asparagus mixture into a large bowl. Add radishes and green onions. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well. Delicious served room temperature.
For a complete menu featuring Potato and Asparagus Salad, along with 11 more simple menus for year-round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 229
- Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 197mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 4g